We monitor server availability, performance and security externally from our monitoring stations located in carrier-class data centers.
24 x 7 x 365 Monitoring
Unless you are a robot, it is not feasible for you to keep checking your website or server to see if it is available. Leave this tedious job to our automated service, and enjoy peace of mind!
Support of major Internet protocols
Monitoring of the major server types found on the Internet:
- your servers (PING)
- your IMAP4 servers (IMAP4)
- your web servers (HTTP)
- your secured web servers (HTTPS)
- your mail servers (SMTP and POP)
- your MySQL servers (MySQL)
- your file servers (FTP)
- your domain name servers (DNS)
- your services based directly on TCP
Uptime & Performance Reports
Do you know the uptime and performance of your website or server? We make all these available to you in easy-to-read reports.
Be the first to know when your website or server is in trouble! We notify via email Easy to Use No complicated software to install; all you need is a web browser.
1. Can I use your software on my web site? We do not allow other sites to run our software but you may link to any of our pages from your site.
2. Do I need to download or install anything to use Hostirian’s Up Time Monitoring? No, all monitoring services work remotely from our servers. All you need to do is login to your password protected member area to use our service. You will be able to view account history details and have results emailed to you.
3. How can I contact Hostirian? You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. How do you determine if a server is up? Our software checks the server response code from your host and if the server response code is “200″, “302″, “301″, “403″ or “401″, your hostname is considered “up”.
5. How far back do you keep monitoring statistics for my account? Detailed statistics for each domain are kept for 2 months while statistic summaries are kept for the life of the account. All statistics for our premium accounts are keep for the life of the account.
6. How many domains can I monitor? You may select the monitoring interval that you want for each domain.
7. We already have an internal monitoring system. Why would we need your system? The Internet is a node/gateway based system. Your internal monitoring may tell you that a device is broken inside your network or even that the outbound gateway is having problems, but it may not inform you that inbound connections from different nodes on the Internet are able to access your website. Hostirian provides monitoring from various geographically diverse locations on different networks.
8. What are the costs for your services? Hostirian provides all of our basic services free of charge. We ask only that you register as a member.
9. What protocols do you support? We support: HTTP, FTP, POP3, SMTP. Additional protocols are available with our premium services.